Given recent events in Orlando and around the world, ASIS is leading the charge to help our communities become safer and more resilient. That is why we are launching ASIS Security Week, which will take place Sept. 11–15 in Orlando.
The program will provide small business owners and those responsible for the safety and security of community organizations, including schools, clinics, and houses of worship, with free expert-led education on the fundamentals of security and preparedness planning.
Security Week kicks off with a free Community Preparedness and Prevention Seminaron September 11 from 2:00–5:00 pm at the Hyatt Regency.
Expert panelists include:
- Kevin Doss, CPP, PSP, CEO, Level 4 Security and Author, Active Shooter: Preparing for and Responding to a Growing Threat
- Dr. Jennifer Hesterman, Col. U.S. Airforce (Ret), and Author, Soft Target Hardening: Protecting People from Attack
- Marty J. Smith, Protective Security Advisor, Central and Eastern Florida, Department of Homeland Security
- Paul Timm, PSP, President, RETA Security, and Author, School Security: How to Build and Strengthen a School Safety Program
- Jerry L. Demings, Sheriff, Orange County, Florida
I encourage you to review the week’s activities and, if appropriate, register to attend.
It is our goal to leave Orlando a safer, more resilient community and with your help, we can make it happen.
If you have questions or need additional information on Security Week, please contact Peggy O’Connor, Communications Manager at ASIS International at +1.703.518.1415or firstname.lastname@example.org.
David C. Davis, CPP
President, ASIS International
Published by: ASIS